A home inspection is no fun and games anymore. This is a crucial step in any real estate transaction, a make-or-break to help you decide before closing the deal. And since a home inspection is not just a simple check-up, hiring the right home inspector now becomes the challenging part. You need to do a little inspecting on your own before you hire one.
The home inspection conducted by our home inspector colorado springs run about 2 to 3 hours to thoroughly cover all major components in the home. What’s good with a home inspection is that it gives you the right information about the current condition of the property. As a buyer, you can find issues that highly impact the decision-making process. As a seller, it gives you the chance to fix whatever needs repair before listing it on the market. The home inspection covers all major components of the home such as heating and cooling systems, electrical, plumbing, interior and exterior, garage, bath, kitchen and built-in appliances, walls, basement, crawl space, foundation, attic, and roof.
Here at Journey Inspections, our Colorado Spring, NC home inspectors are all licensed and experienced professionals. Our clients were all would-be homeowners before who also looked for the right home inspector. All home inspection companies aim to become home buying and selling advocates. However, clients do not randomly trust someone. Referrals from real estate agents or relatives and acquaintances are great but it’s also great to find a good one on your own.
You might start to wonder how one person can possibly be an expert in so many things. That is the very reason why you need to do extensive research on your own. We’ll give you 9 tips to help you hire the right home inspector:
- Time is valuable. As a buyer, you need to choose an inspector first before looking up for a home. Why? Choosing a home first will likely make you feel pressured to pick whoever inspector is available. That way, you’ll be left with no time to do a background check.
- Recommendations are good. Your friends, families, and most especially your real estate agent can help you find a good one. But, you can also lookup for a list of local inspectors in the American Society of Home Inspectors website http://www.ashi.org
- As soon as you get your list, do deeper research. Talk with them and ask prospective inspectors relevant questions such as their length of service, the number of inspections they have performed, the type of report they provide, and most importantly, their certifications, training, and license.
- You would want an inspector who has a wide knowledge of systems and features.
- Check with the state agency to verify an inspector’s license. You can also check for records and complaints. Some states do not regulate inspectors but other credentials such as an ASHI certification is a good option.
- Check for reviews and testimonials of clients. Popular websites such as Yelp and Angie’s List can provide you with insightful reviews.
- Look for an objective and independent home inspector who is not affiliated with the real estate agency selling the home.
- Ask plenty of questions. It’s good to ask how familiar the inspector is with the type of house you plan to buy.
- The most important one is to ask for a sample inspection report. This is to give you an idea of how he conducts the home inspection. A comprehensive yet easy to understand inspection report can definitely help you make an informed decision.
Journey Inspections | Let this experienced Colorado Springs Home Inspection company help keep you from buying The Money Pit. We’ll alert you to health or safety issues and maintenance needs of the home you’re looking to buy.
Journey Inspections will be your home buying or selling advocate! We are committed to providing you with outstanding service. We’re highly experienced and extremely thorough, yet have excellent communications skills to be able to put the entire house into perspective for you. If you’re looking to buy or sell in the Colorado Springs area, we can help!
Owned and operated by Licensed Professionals, Journey Inspections takes pride in its commitment to following high standards and providing professional service to all of our customers.